These websites are not all academic in nature, but are really good for keeping up with industry developments. Evaluate anything you find before including it in your research:
- Archives Hub - archives are a good source of primary material. Find out if there is an archive on your research area, where it is, and how to access it.
- Cecilia - provides an online guide to music collections in archives, libraries and museums in the UK and Ireland.
- Creative Bloq - information and tutorials from a number of creative magazines, including Computer Arts and 3D World.
- Global Journalist - reports on the state of press freedom around the world, covers international news and serves international journalists.
- OnMusic Dictionary - dictionary of instruments, composers and music symbols.
- ScreenSkills - industry skills body for the screen industries, including film, television, animation and visual effects, and games. Provides information on training, education and careers as well as industries.
The following are games and animation companies, many of which have publications, presentations, videos and podcasts, blogs, and research: